Y-K Delta COVID-19 Case Count
Everyone in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta aged 12 or older is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. To apply to receive your vaccine, visit the COVID Vaccine Information page from the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation.
KYUK will update the count of COVID-19 cases connected to the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta daily Monday-Friday. The information is from the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's COVID-19 press releases found on YKHC's website.
As of October 20, the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation has announced:
- 8,139 total cases in the Y-K Delta
- 48 new cases were reported on October 20
- 44 communities, not including Bethel, have been affected by COVID in-region
- 2 new deaths were announced on Oct. 18
YKHC announced the following statuses for the COVID-19 cases:
- 7,688 recovered
- 416 active
- 35 deceased
The individuals are residents of these locations:
- 6,171 Y-K Delta Village residents
- 1,907 Bethel residents
- 60 non-YK Delta residents
- 1 not infectious while in Y-K Delta
The individuals were tested in these locations:
- 6,075 tested in Y-K Delta villages
- 1,941 tested in Bethel
- 123 tested outside the region
YKHC stated whether individuals were in the Y-K Delta while they were infectious:
- 7,980 Y-K Delta residents were in the region while infectious
- 99 Y-K Delta residents were out of the region while infectious
- 60 non-Y-K Delta residents were in the region while infectious
YKHC has announced the following hospitalizations for COVID-19:
- 109 people have been hospitalized in-region at YKDRH
- 33 people have been medecvac'd to an out-of-region hospital
As of October 15, YKHC reports that 14,471
unique individuals have completed a COVID-19 vaccine series (two doses of Pizer or Moderna, one dose of JJ&J).
Prevention Tips and Links
- YKHC: Practice good hygiene and social distancing.
- YKHC: Learn how to keep your house disinfected without running water.
- YKHC: Symptoms to Watch: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath
- State of Alaska: Health mandates from Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy
- CDC Link: COVID-19, What You Need to Know