Listen: YKHC COVID-19 Vaccine Info Session 1
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation is vaccinating people against COVID-19 across the region. The health corporation, along with state health experts, held a virtual town hall on Dec. 21 to answer questions about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and how they are being distributed throughout the region.
- Dan Winkelman, YKHC President and CEO
- Dr. Ellen Hodges, YKHC Chief of Staff
- Dr. Larry Corey, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Co-Principal Investigator in Vaccines with the COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN)
- Dr. Juliana Blome, NIH Tribal Health Research Office
- RADM Michael Weahkee, IHS Director
- Evangelyn Dotomain, IHS Alaska Area Director
- RADM Francis Frazier, Director of the IHS Office of Public Health Support and IHS COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force Lead
- CDR Holly Van Lew, IHS COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force Deputy Lead
- CDR Kailee Fretland, IHS COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force Deputy Lead
The event was moderated by YKHC Vice President of Communications Tiffany Zulkosky, who asks the questions. YKHC President and CEO Dan Winkelman speaks first. The session was held over Zoom and Facebook, and broadcast live on KYUK 640 AM. The full recording is available to listen to in two parts.