How Elders And Frontline Essential Workers Can Get Vaccinated For COVID-19
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation has nearly completed the first phase of COVID-19 vaccinations. That included frontline health care workers and residents and staff of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Elder’s home in Bethel. YKHC will now begin to vaccinate Elders ages 65 and older, and frontline essential workers.
Bethel Elders can call YKHC’s COVID-19 hotline at 907-543-6949 to schedule a vaccination appointment. The health corporation will reach out to village-based Elders directly.
Frontline essential workers are defined by YKHC as individuals working in the following roles:
- Corrections officers
- COVID-19 quarantine workers
- Daycare providers
- First responders
- Frontline service organization staff (like shelters for those who experience domestic violence or homelessness)
- Grocery/convenience stores
- Law enforcement
- Pilots and airline support staff
- Post offices
- Public transportation and cab companies
- Teachers and education support staff
- Utilities (telecommunication, electricity, water/sewer, and fuel)
If you work in one of these industries and your job requires you to interact with the public, you can reach out to YKHC to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Here is the link to the submission form.