Aniak musher Isaac Underwood is continuing his impressive season, taking first place in the K300 100-Mile Challenge on Sunday, March 14.
He finished the race in 7 hours 22 minutes and took home $3,200. This is Underwood’s second consecutive win in two contests; he also won the K300 February 50 on February 27.
Here are the complete standings for the K300 100-Mile Challenge:
- Isaac Underwood of Aniak finished in 7 hours 22 minutes winning $3,200
- Jason Pavila of Kwethluk finished in 7 hours 35 minutes winning $2,950
- Jackie Larson of Napaskiak finished in 7 hours 59 minutes winning $2,750
- Matt Scott of Bethel finished in 8 hours 29 minutes winning $2,550
- John Snyder of Akiachak finiished in 8 hours 31 minutes winning $2,350
- Walter George finished in 8 hours 47 minutes winning $2,200
- Twyla Elhardt of Bethel finished in 10 hours 38 minutes winning $1,950
Each finisher received an extra $500 in prize money due to only seven teams competing. The final race of the K300 Race Committee season, a 50-miler, is scheduled for this Saturday, March 20.