Pork Adobo So Good You'll Want To HOG It For Yourself
- 2 lbs pork shoulder or pork belly cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup water or more as needed
- 1 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- Heat oil in a large skillet; rotate to coat sides of skillet. Add pork pieces and cook until meat is browned.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer while covered for 45 minutes or until pork are tender (watch it carefully and don't let it dry out).
- Add water ½ cup at a time several times until pork meat is tender and the desired amount of sauce has been reached. Stir in honey or brown sugar.
- Serve over steamed rice.