These Green Chile Recipes Will Spice Up Your Life
1 of 6
2 of 6
3 of 6
4 of 6
5 of 6
6 of 6
Chile Verde (Green Chile Stew)
- Green chilies (chopped)
- Pork (cut into pieces)
- Spices (whatever you like, perhaps cayenne, salt/pepper, lime, garlic, cumin, onion powder)
- Red pepper flakes
- Cook the pork over low-medium heat.
- Add the red pepper flakes to the meat.
- Once the pork is cooked, take a large pot and add your array of spices, green chiles, and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Let cook for about an hour and a half (adjust time according to portion size) or until meat is soft and tender.
- Taste and adjust accordingly.
Green Chile Burritos
- Green chiles (chopped)
- Spices (whatever you like)
- Beat eggs and spices together in a bowl.
- Cook and scramble the mixture over medium heat.
- Once cooked, add green chile to pan and reduce extra moisture.
- When fully reduced, mix in your cheese.
- Warm tortillas on a heated skillet before filling and wrapping.