Kippered Salmon Chowder: The Real Soup-erstar
1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3
Bev's Kippered Salmon Chowder
- Kippered Salmon (cut)
- Half & Half (whole milk if no cream)
- A can of whole kernel corn
- Corn starch (optional)
- Parsley (chopped)
- Dice potatoes and onions into small pieces and barely cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 3 minutes (watching for burning).
- Add your cream to the mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add kippered salmon (cut into small pieces) and a can of whole kernel corn.
- Simmer the pot until hot and fully mixed.
- If you want the chowder to thicken, feel free to mix corn starch with ice cold water and add to the simmering chowder.
- Stir gently for 1 minute.
Add butter and chopped parsley on top if you want, and more salt and pepper to taste.