The following notice applies to the waters within the boundaries of Yukon Delta National Wildlife Refuge from the mouth of the Kuskokwim River to the refuge boundary at Aniak.
· June 8, 2019. 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (SET NET ONLY, DRIFT GILLNETS ARE PROHIBITED)
· June 12, 2019, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (set and drift net)
· June 15, 2019, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (set and drift net)
· June 19, 2019, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (set and drift net)
SET NET RESTRICTIONS (June 8):
· 6-inch or less set gillnets for federally qualified users,
· Must be attached to bank and oriented perpendicular to river,
· May not exceed 60 feet in length in water, may not be operated more than 100 feet from ordinary high-water mark.
GILLNET RESTRICTIONS (June 12, 15, 19):
· 6-inch or less gillnets for federally qualified users,
· Net length 150 feet (25 Fathoms) above Johnson River,
· Net length 300 feet (50 Fathoms) below Johnson River.
AREA: (See Attached Maps)
Chinook Salmon retention using dip nets, beach seines, fish wheels, and rod and reel on Federal public waters of the main stem of the Kuskokwim River and non-salmon tributaries is allowed.
Closed for all methods and means: The following areas will be closed effective June 1, 2019:
· The Eek River;
· The Kwethluk River drainage at its confluence with Kuskokuak Slough;
· The Kasigluk and Kisaralik river drainages including Old Kuskokuak Slough to ADF&G regulatory markers at the confluence of Old Kuskokuak Slough with Kuskokuak Slough;
· The Tuluksak River drainage including its confluence with the Kuskokwim River and downstream approximately 1-mile to ADF&G regulatory markers; and
· The Aniak River drainage to ADF&G regulatory markers at its confluence with the Kuskokwim River;
· The Aniak Box described as waters of the Kuskokwim River main stem from the Yukon Delta NWR boundary at Aniak downstream to a line formed from the northwest corner of the runway (latitude 61° 35’ 16” N, longitude 159° 33’ 28” W), due north to a point on the southeast corner of the sandbar (latitude 61° 35’ 37” N, longitude 159° 33’ 16” W)
REMINDER: After each opportunity, the Kuskokwim River mainstem will be CLOSED to all gillnets until next opportunity. For details on Special Actions 3-KS-05-19 and 3-KS-06-19, please go to Yukon Delta NWR Facebook page or website at https://www.fws.gov/refuge/yukon_delta/