New leaders are at the helm of the Coastal Villages Region Fund. The nonprofit swore in and formally seated seven board members this week.
Six are serving for the first time; one is an incumbent. CVRF has 20 board members total, one for each of the organization’s villages.
The incoming board members are:
- Carlie Beebe of Eek
- Sandra Tall-Lake of Hooper Bay
- George Chuckwuk of Kipnuk (incumbent)
- Jerry Ivon of Kongiganak
- Nicholai Steven of Oscarville
- Clarence Dull of Toksook Bay
- Albert Williams of Mekoryuk
- Clement George of Nightmute
The board members were elected in late 2017 and will serve six-year terms. The board's next quarterly meeting is in April.