As the number of COVID-19 cases in the Y-K Delta surpasses 300 and community spread is confirmed in numerous villages, Alaska Public Health Nurses Tammy Kaboord and Donna Bean sit down with KYUK Wellness Producer Elyssa Loughlin to discuss the pandemic and how it is affecting listeners in the region.
- Public Health experts suggest getting tested and retested after exposure to COVID-19. If possible, you should be tested on the first, seventh, and 14th days after exposure occurs; you should also remain in quarantine during this time. For more information on YKHC’s precautions, follow this link.
- YKHC is hosting another flu shot mass dispensing event on Saturday, Oct. 24. For information on times and locations, visit the YKHC website.
- In March, KYUK published a story about YKHC’s COVID-19 capacity. As of publication time, YKHC has five available ventilators. The state of Alaska keeps a dashboard of available medical resources in the state which is updated daily at noon. You can find that list here.
- There are currently numerous COVID-19 vaccines in clinical trials. Visit the state’s website for updated information regarding vaccine progress and information.
- Travelers and Alaskan citizens are encouraged to get tested after any air travel. For Gov. Mike Dunleavy’s most recent travel mandate, click here.
If you have questions for the nurses, you can email Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you can email Tammy at email@example.com.
For questions regarding today’s show, COVID-19 resources, and ideas for upcoming wellness content on KYUK, email Elyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KYUK is dedicated to providing daily updates, information, and stories on how this pandemic is affecting the Y-K Delta through interviews with health professionals and community members and through responsible reporting. For the most recent COVID-19 stories, visit the KYUK home page.